2019 Team Events
The Barracudas have several sponsored team events throughout the season to foster a sense of team unity, to have a good time, and to celebrate the season's accomplishments. Read about our Water Park Day, Olympic Swimmer Talk, and the End-of-Season Awards Party events below.
Meet an Olympian! Enjoy a Kona Ice! - Sunday, June 2, 2019 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
We are so excited to have Olympic Swimmer, Whitney Hedgepeth, come speak to our team at the BCW Pool about her inspiratonal swimming journey to the Olympics. She will be bringing her medals (including a GOLD) for our swimmers to hold and get an official photograph with her and/or just the medals! We will have the Kona Ice truck serving snowcones (including a couple of dye free options) and have an official photographer on hand to take pictures of our future Olympians! The pool will be open, you are welcome to stay and swim afterwards.
Here is a link of her induction into the Texas Swimming & Diving Hall of Fame in 2016: http://www.tsdhof.org/whitney-
2-time Olympian (Seoul 1988 @ age 17 & Atlanta 1996)
2 Silvers & 1 Gold in Atlanta
5x NCAA Champion
7x National Champion (USA Swimming)
Held various National records
UT Longhorns Hall of Honor
Virginia Sports Hall of Fame
Texas Swimming & Diving Hall of Fame
2013 US Masters Coach of the Year
Former Longhorn Aquatics Age Group & National Team Coach
Longhorn Aquatics Masters Coach (since 2004)
Current Rollingwood Waves Summer League Coach
Husband - Luther, with 3 kids, ages 19-Dakota, 17-Sage & 13-Payton.
Water Park Day - Tuesday June 4, 2019
This year we are going to Schlitterbahn for our team event on Tuesday, June 4, 2019! The entire waterpark will be open and it should be a great time!
How does it work?
- Families are responsible for ticket purchase (see below), transportation, and managing their kids.
- Coaches will be there for some fun in the sun, but not in any supervisory capacity.
- Everyone is on their own. We meet inside Blastenhoff and we typically see Barracudas throughout the day. There are no planned team activities.
- Wear your team suit so you can quickly spot your fellow Barracudas!
We will have two ticket purchasing options -
Please review the different purchase options carefully. We do get free tickets based on number purchased that helps covers the coaches.
1. Group Rate - Buy early, good for that day only (June 4th), pickup tickets at the BCW pool during practice. You will also have the option to pre-purchase meal bands, ice cream bands, unlimited drink packages at the discounted group rate as well.
Purchase your tickets, using the link for the team shop between now and Friday, May 17th at midnight. Your ticket will be delivered to you at the pool. Credit card purchase only. NO REFUNDS. Absolutely no group rate purchases after the deadline.
If you want any extras (early access, blast pass, etc.) you can also, separately, purchase those through option 2 below.
Please purchase tickets and meal bands in the team shop.
2. Partner Deal - Discount deal at Schlitterbahn for team day OR the entire season. Purchase through Schlitterbahn web page, tickets in your email.
This option is great for families that don't have firm plans yet, may have to cancel at the last minute, or looking for other options like early admission to Blastenhoff or multi-day or full-season tickets.
- https://www.schlitterbahn.com/partnerdiscounts (Important, you MUST start here.)
- Enter "BCWBST" in the eTicket code field and click continue below the field.
- Feel free to share the link and partner code w/ friends and family for use anytime during the summer.
Please plan on providing your own transportation or carpool. Transportation is not included and there is no sitting service. Parents are responsible for their children.
End Of Season Banquet - June 26, 2019 5:00 pm -8:00 pm
We are excited to celebrate another fun and successful swim season! Please join us on June 26th from 5 to 8 pm at the BCW Pool for the End of the Season Awards Celebration. We will have Chick-fil-a and lots of fun. We need to have an accurate count of attendees by Sunday, June 23rd.
This event is free for each swimmer and their immediate family members. It will be $10 for any guests you may wish to invite.
Please RSVP (we will send out RSVP options closer to the event) to the event with the number of people who will be attending so we can be sure to have enough food and drink. Use "Members" for additional immediate family members, "Non-Members" for any extended family (grandparents, cousins, etc) or guests.
Individual photos, trophies, and medals (from the medal meet) will be distributed at the party.